Modernization and development have brought advancement in every domain to cloud nine. The best thing about this colossal growth in devices is the development of devices which has reduced manual labor as well as keeps a check on human health too. There is no greater success than health. Health isn’t an idea or an invention. If you practice a healthy lifestyle, health will enhance in a natural manner.
Today many appliances have also been developed with the same aim. The air fryer is one of them. An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that cooks food in hot air in spite of using a large amount of oil, therefore, it helps to cut the calorie and fat content in the human body. It is a highly efficient, space saver and versatile cooking appliance which can cook a variety of oily food including fries, fried chicken, doughnuts, melt, etc. We can even fry bacon easily using an air fryer.
Bacon is essentially the salt-cured pork cut from the back or pork belly with less fat content when fried with almost negligible oil is healthy. And the thought of no oil food is now possible with an air fryer. Now the question arises on how to cook bacon in air fryer. The process is a lot simpler than frying the bacon with all splatter and mess. Now, you no more need a frying pan to do so, all you need is BACON!
So get ready for this delicious and a lot more healthier crunch of bacon with almost no efforts and no more washing off grease from your pans or taking off the under cooked or burnt bacon off your pan with that heavy heart.
Requirements for Frying Bacon in Air Fryer
Your requirements for frying this mouth-watering bacon are:
- An air fryer which is now easily available on your nearby appliance store.
- Place your bacon(as per your appetite, I guess now you would need more of it.
- A knife to cut your bacon to different sizes and shapes.
- A little brush which will be provided along with your air fryer or else would easily be available in your kitchen, brush a few drops of oil on it.
- Salt to sprinkle after you are done.
- Cloth to clear the air fryer to ensure no dust sticks inside.
- The burner and tongs to turn your bacon while frying it.
- Lastly the serving tray.
Steps to Follow
Now, we are all done with the requirements. The next we need is the procedure of preparing air fryer bacon.
- The first step includes cleaning up the air fryer using a dry cloth. Referring to the manual or the guide booklet you get with your fryer adjust the temperature accordingly by turning the knob.
- Once this is done all you need to do is to cut your bacon of thickness of your choice and taste.
- Suppose you have three pieces of the bacon slice them from the middle to get equal halves of the same thickness.
- Now you need to place the bacon on the fryer. While frying try spacing them equally, preventing them from stacking by applying a little oil to preserve their crispiness.
- Depending upon the thickness and texture of the bacon adjust the temperature of the fryer.
How Long To Cook Bacon In Air Fryer?
Here comes the question in the queue. For how long does one have to cook and at what temperature.
- The answer to this is not very specific as the range of temperature and time keeps varying according to the thickness but the standard temperature is estimated to be 350-360F and the bacon is to be kept for a maximum of 9-10 minutes.
- The advantage, one can enjoy is one can personalize his meal by customizing the temperature through lowering the temperature as per the curls in the bacon one requires.
- You have to keep switching the sides of it to get the proper crunch in every bite.
- Once you are done the indicator turns red and now its turn of the tongs to place your crispy reddish-brown bacon on the serving tray seasoned with a pinch of black pepper and salt as per your taste.
Things to Keep in Mind While Cooking Bacon in Air Fryer
The process may now be completed but also beginner a few things are necessary to be kept in mind if you don’t want your bacon to get smoky, that includes:
- Firstly, the food must be completely dry before being placed in the cookware to avoid splattering and smoke.
- Secondly, one must avoid overcrowding of food to create the proper conventional current of air to maintain the crisp and texture of the food.
- Thirdly, the shaking of food is very important as in that machine’s basket small food could easily get curled up and destroy its originality completely.
- Lastly, patience is the key to cooking, one must be fully aware of all circumstances and be prepared for it.
With these simple steps, it becomes so easy for us to make healthy as well as delicious bacon within no time. So next time you never need to ask how to cook bacon in air fryer.